Friday, July 7, 2023

July 7, 2023

 I just had my 2nd session with Phillip at Talkspace.  
He's an old soul and very easy to talk to.  I told him that I feel much better this week and can at least talk about my treatment plans w/out crying!  (8 sessions left to go!)

We touched on the topic of grief again today, and he asked me how many times I had shared my story of losing my dad.  It really struck me, that I haven't really talked about it.  Granted, Chris lived it with me, but no one really, truly asked me what happened, how did you feel, etc.  He's challenging me to share my stories (both dad and Micah) so I'm going to explore that. 

We also touched a bit on spirituality since that is both in our backgrounds.  I told him I was open to incorporating this in our sessions. 

I think it's still a bit early to tell whether this will truly make me whole again but for now, I've got some good reading materials and will read what is in front of me.  

On a side note, we are going to RT Lodge tomorrow.  Should be a nice break and a change of scenery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment