Monday, September 7, 2009

First Blog-Introduction

Hello World! I have always been a late bloomer in life and blogging is no exception!

I've been thinking for several days about what the title of my blog should be and a good friend and fellow blogger Janet said, "it needs to be something of meaning to you". And it totally made sense. I couldn't expect to write my thoughts and my feelings to a title that someone else gave me. So for the last week I've been trying to put a title to my diary.. and today it hit me "Forever Young". I will go into more detail about why this song means so much but this is a title of a great song from Rod Stewart. I am currently listening to this song for about the fourth time in a row and here are the lyrics..

"May the good Lord be with you down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness surround you when you're far from home.
And may you grow to be proud, dignified and true.
And do unto others as you'd have done to you.
Be courageous and be brave, and in my heart you'll always stay- Forever young

May good fortune be with you, may your guiding light be strong.
Build a stairway to heaven with a prince or a vagabond
And may you never love in vain and in my heart you will remain-Forever young

And when you finally fly away I'll be hoping that I served you well
For all the wisdom of a lifetime, no one can ever tell
But whatever road you choose I'm right behind you, win or lose -Forever young"


I have heard this song off and on in my life, mainly as background music whenever I was shopping, but it wasn't until a couple years ago that this song actually meant something a little more to me. When Chris and I got married my mom and dad put together a photo montage for me that was played at our reception, and one of the songs they chose was Forever Young. The pictures that they picked out were of me as a baby and chronicled my childhood and it went perfectly with this song. I remember crying (and laughing,) at all the pictures that my parents had taken through my childhood. While some of them were embarrassing to show to all of our guests, it was a great way to show once again how much my parents loved me. I am truly blessed.


I have decided that my blog will be more of a documentary of my life and while I'm not sure who will read this, I am ultimately doing this for myself as a form of therapy. This last year has been filled with much dispair and I found that I need an outlet to release all the thoughts that go in and out of my head. I can't say that I have any great nuggets of truth or opinions to share but maybe someone, somewhere will like what they read.


1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say that I read it! I have to say GOOD FOR YOU for being brave enough to post your inner thoughts online! And, definitely cheaper than a shrink. =D

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete