Saturday, March 14, 2015

Don't Stop!

So last weekend Chris and I were able to see the great Fleetwood Mac at Thompson Boling Arena.  I had goosebumps from the first song (Chains) to the last song - which I can't remember right off hand... oops. 

Chris actually first introduced me to Fleetwood Mac when we first started dating - back in 2001.  Growing up I wasn't allowed to listen to anything but Christian music so if it wasn't played on our local Christian station then chances were I had never heard of it. 
Many times we would drive around and listen to their Greatest Hits album and I have been a fan ever since.  

So fast forward to last weekend when we were able to see them live.  They played for almost 3 hours and it was incredible from start to finish.  We were in the nose-bleed section - partly because of the cost of the tickets but just to be able to say we saw them will definitely be a highlight of our concert trips. 

One of my favorite songs (hard to pick just one) is Don't Stop.  It reminds me that even though bad days happen, people let me down and the general stresses of life happen,  tomorrow is just around the corner.  

If you wake up and don't want to smile,
If it takes just a little while,
Open your eyes and look at the day,
You'll see things in a different way.

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,
Don't stop, it'll soon be here,
It'll be, better than before,
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

Why not think about times to come,
And not about the things that you've done,
If your life was bad to you,
Just think what tomorrow will do.

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,
Don't stop, it'll soon be here,
It'll be, better than before,
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

All I want is to see you smile,
If it takes just a little while,
I know you don't believe that it's true,
I never meant any harm to you.

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,
Don't stop, it'll soon be here,
It'll be, better than before,
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.
Don't you look back,
Don't you look back.

(lyrics from AZ Lyrics) 

No comments:

Post a Comment