Friday, January 8, 2016

Kung-Fu Week 4

Day 9: 12/28 - Monday
Teacher: Sifu

Day 10: 12/30 - Wednesday
Teacher: J

Day 11: 1/1 - Friday
Did not go to class

Day 12: 1/2 - Saturday
Teacher: L
I should have known this was going to be a brutal class when he asked if I had a sweater because we are going to be running.  We bowed into class and then collectively ran out the front door.
I knew I had to pace myself when I started but I definitely didn't do a good job.  It was about 30ish degrees outside and the run was maybe a 1/2 mile?  I wasn't sure what the protocol was for quitting but I didn't.
I jogged as far as I could and then I when I couldn't catch my breath I alternated from jogging to walking.
I wanted to keep up so badly but there was just no way that I was going to be able to.
When the last person got out of my view I felt completely helpless and defeated.  I shed some tears and kept trying to pull myself together.  Once I made it closer to the school I saw someone running towards me and it was Chris.  He helped me make the last leg of the jog where we got right back into class for some warm-ups.  Since I was so far behind there was only about 10 minutes left of warmups and thank God for that. My chest was hurting so bad, I couldn't catch my breath and all I wanted to do was cry.
L came over and just told me to keep my hands above my head but knowing I was not in good shape Chris recommended I go outside and do breathing exercises to get my heart rate down.
I ended up spending about 20-25 minutes outside before I felt somewhat back to normal.  Once I got back into class they had just finished doing circuit drills so I spent about 10 minutes doing my form and then class was over.
I made sure to tell Leroy that I was so sorry for having to bow out of class but I honestly felt that if I didn't I would have passed out.  He understood and apologized but I have to start listening to my body and learn to let the guilt go when I can't physically complete something.







No comments:

Post a Comment