Saturday, July 23, 2011

Jucing Day 7 (Saturday)


So this morning we were out to find a farmers market so I could compare pricing to see which route is cheaper. Before we headed out we had a an awesome juice to use some of the peaches that were about to go bad. Here are the before and the after. Yeah, I know what you must be thinking that the juice looks horrible but trust me, it was really good!






We tried finding the Oak Ridge Farmer's Market but the GPS lead us to the wrong destination so we ended up at Mickey's Produce in Oak Ridge. Overall we found the prices to be less than the grocery store but they didn't carry everything we needed so we still had to go the store after all but Mickey's selection was definitely fresher and looked way better than the store.

We are trying to decide what to do for dinner. We juiced for lunch and I'm starting to feel hungry. We might try our chicken flat pizza that we get at Papa Murphy's or out for sushi.

So for 7 days we have spent appx $130 and we still had a few items left over. I figure I will keep my receipts for a month to get a better idea of what the overall cost will be.

One of the benefits I will add of juicing, is the dishes. There are none except the 2 glasses we use and the juicer! It's the little things in life that make me happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment