Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Juice Fast Day 3

So we are Day 3 into ramping up for our juice fast. The last 3 days have consisted of vegetable soup, salad and juices.

This morning our breakfast juice was a mixture of:
apples
strawberries
carrots
spinach
lemon
honey dew

It was actually pretty sweet so I marked this one as one of my favorites so far. We have a whole slew of recipes but sometimes we just mix a bunch of stuff together and hope for the best.

As far as results we weighed and measured last night and while I won't give away our dirty secrets I'll have you all know that Chris is down 5 pounds today and I'm down 1.

As far as how we are feeling.. last night I had a horrible headache which I'm sure is caused from the caffeine withdrawls and we were both in bed by 9:45. Chris didn't complain of a headache, or at least not to me. We both experienced a feeling of fatigue but that is normal as our body detoxes.

Since we had made enough of our morning juice to last throughout the day we decided to east a salad instead. We also had some hummus we snacked on that was pretty decent for a grocery store. It's 9:50 and we are going to bed... another evening of fatigue.
While my headache is not nearly as bad as last night I still have a slight one and Chris complained about having one as well.

I'll be honest it's not the easiest/convenient/cheapest thing to do but we are determined to stick it through for the next 2 1/2 weeks.

Stay tuned for another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment